Having worked for some of the World’s largest PR agencies, some of the World’s biggest brands and having started my own consultancy, I bring a lot to the table.
I’m also proud of the work I’ve done with start-ups and young businesses, which I’ve helped grow and prosper.
I’ve worked with brands within most sectors, including consumer tech & apps, financial services, FMCG, hospitality, retail, automotive and professional services.
HeyGreenGO, ING Direct, Honda, Poundland, pod restaurants, Flying Pig Helicopters, Webtrends, Lotto, The Fabulous Bakin’ Boys, Organix Baby Food, Userfarm, and Capricorn Financial are just some of the brands I’m proud to have worked with.
Here’s a summary of my career…
CEO, BOTTLE — 2004 – 2013
I started BOTTLE PR from my attic in my Oxford home. I named the agency such because I myself have ‘lots of bottle’ – a vital component to succeed in PR.
As CEO of BOTTLE PR, I split my time between client services, people management and new business development. But most of my time was dedicated to building the BOTTLE PR brand via networking and in positioning the agency as thought leaders.
Within a month of starting BOTTLE PR, I had secured several great contracts, including ING Direct. Over the next nine years, I grew the Oxford-based agency to an award-winning 35-strong team, with multi-million revenues at the time I sold out in 2013.
Please read more about my role and successes at BOTTLE PR here: http://www.cipr.co.uk/sites/default/files/17620090.pdf
A SUMMARY OF MY EARLIER CAREER
- NTL (now Virgin Media) – 1995 – 1998: Regional PR and Marketing Manager for South, promoted to National PR Manager in 1997;
- Dixons’ Group – 1998 – 2000: Corporate Affairs Manager, responsible for PC World, Currys, The Link and the launch & IPO of Freeserve;
- Hill & Knowlton – 2000 – 2002: Joined as Account Manager within the Corporate Team and promoted to Account Director in 2001;
- Bell Pottinger – 2002 -2003: 12-month contract as Senior Consultant within their technology sub- brand, Landmark;
- Business Link – 2003 – 2004: PR and Marketing Director and responsible for leading the communications around a new offering and for the regional PR efforts. Business Link then became a BOTTLE PR client for 4 years.